CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2023-24
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has updated the CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23. If you are looking for the CBSE Class 12 physics syllabus, then you are in the right spot.
Physics is a very prominent subject not only for Class 12 students but also for those who are preparing for competitive exams. Like NEET and JEE Main, these are totally based upon the syllabus of Class 11 and 12. So, the precise syllabus for physics will also help the engineering and medical entrance students in preparation. Considering this, here is the latest and updated CBSE 12 physics syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus & Marking Scheme
Hereunder are the Class xii physics syllabus and marking scheme chapter-wise for both theory and practical. The theoretical exam is carried out for a total of 70 marks on the other hand practical is executed for a total of 30 marks. Check out the updated evaluation scheme:-
|Unit 1- Electrostatics||Chapter 1- Electric Charges and Fields||16|
|Chapter 2- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance|
|Unit 2- Current Electricity||Chapter 3- Current Electricity|
|Unit 3- Magnetic Effects of Current Magnetism||Chapter 4- Moving Charges and Magnetism||17|
|Chapter–5: Magnetism and|
|Unit 4 – Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Chapter–6: Electromagnetic Induction|
|Chapter–7: Alternating Current|
|Unit 5 – Electromagnetic Waves||Chapter–8: Electromagnetic Waves||18|
|Unit 6 – Optics||Chapter–9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments|
|Chapter–10: Wave Optics|
|Unit 7 – Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||Chapter–11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||12|
|Unit 8 – Atoms and Nuclei||Chapter–12: Atoms|
|Unit 9 – Electronic Devices||Chapter–14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits||7|
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus Topic Wise
|Unit 1- ElectrostaticsChapter 1- Electric Charges and Fields|
Chapter 2- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Unit 2- Current Electricity
Chapter 3- Current Electricity
Unit 3- Magnetic Effects of Current Magnetism
Chapter 4- Moving Charges and Magnetism
Chapter–5: Magnetism and Matter
Unit 4 – Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Chapter–6: Electromagnetic Induction
Chapter–7: Alternating Current
Unit 5 – Electromagnetic Waves
Chapter–8: Electromagnetic Waves
Unit 6 – Optics
Chapter–9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
Chapter–10: Wave Optics
Unit 7 – Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Chapter–11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Unit 8 – Atoms and Nuclei
Unit 9 – Electronic Devices
Chapter–14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices, and Simple Circuits
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical Syllabus and Marking Scheme
Below mentioned are the CBSE 12 physics syllabus and marking scheme for practical exams. Physics is a practical subject hence the curriculum of class 12 physics is divided into theory and practical exam. The students must also solve the CBSE class 12 sample paper for better results and more practice.
|Two experiments each from both sections A & B||8+8|
|Practical Records (activities and experiments)||7|
- Find out the resistance per cm by plotting for potential difference VS current.
- Identify the resistance of the given wire using the meter bridge.
- To prove the laws of combination (series) of resistances using a meter bridge.
- To prove the laws of combination (parallel) of resistances using a meter bridge.
- Match the EMF of two given primary cells using a potentiometer.
- To determine the internal resistance of a given primary cell using a potentiometer.
- Determine the resistance of a galvanometer by the half-deflection method and to find its figure of merit.
- To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into a voltmeter of the desired range and to verify the same.
- To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into an ammeter of the desired range and to verify the same.
- To find the frequency of AC mains with a sonometer.
- To determine the value of v for different values of u in case of a concave mirror and to find the focal length.
- Find the focal length of a convex mirror, using a convex lens.
- To find the focal length of a convex lens by plotting graphs between u and v or between 1/u and 1/v.
- To find out the focal length of a concave lens, using a convex lens.
- Identify the angle of minimum deviation for a given prism by plotting a graph between the angle of incidence and the angle of deviation.
- To evaluate the refractive index of a glass slab using a traveling microscope.
- To determine the refractive index of a liquid by using a convex lens and plane mirror.
- Draw the I-V characteristic curve for a p-n junction in forwarding bias and reverse bias.
- To draw the characteristic curve of a Zener diode and to determine its reverse breakdown voltage.
CBSE Class 12 Examination 2022-23:- Preparation Tips
Here are some important preparation tips which will help students to complete the CBSE Class 12 Physics syllabus on time.
- Keeping in mind the weightage of each unit, students should give more time to the units which carry more marks.
- Everyone should make notes of each chapter while studying, it will also help in the revision.
- Students should make a study plan on a daily basis. By doing this they can focus on the chapters in which they are weak or lacking behind.
- Students should also solve the Class 12 Physics sample papers as well as class 12 Physics question Paper which will help them in getting the idea about the pattern of the question paper. Students can also find the CBSE class 11 physics sample paper as well.
- After completing the Class 12 physics syllabus, students just need to revise and practice more.
- According to CBSE class 12 toppers as per CBSE class 12 results, students must solve the previous year’s question paper for 12th physics.
- Before attempting the question paper students must go through the CBSE class 12 syllabus as well as the CBSE class 12 date sheet.
If students will follow the above-mentioned tips for preparation they will surely pass the final examinations and get the best results.
Recommended Books For CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus
Here are some books recommended by Vidya Setu for the students who want to pass the examination with flying colors.
Students can also find the NCERT Class 12 Physics Solutions for reference so that they can get the solutions for difficult questions.
- Physics Class 11 Part 1 and 2- Published by NCERT
- Physics Class 12 Part 1 and 2- Published by NCERT
- Laboratory Manual of Physics for Class 12- Published by NCERT
- In addition to this, other related books published by NCERT are also recommended including multimedia.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1.What is the new question paper pattern for CBSE Class 12?
Ans:- According to the new question paper pattern, CBSE has given more priority to the internal assessments. Also, a change will be there in the format of question papers of the board exams. Question papers will contain more objective-type questions.
Q2. Is it compulsory to maintain a practical workbook?
Ans:- Yes, maintaining a practical workbook is compulsory for all the students because students have to submit this notebook while appearing for the examination.
Q3. Are NCERT books enough for preparation for the CBSE Class 12 Physics examination?
Ans:- Yes, the NCERT books are enough to complete the syllabus and pass the exam with good grades.