CBSE Practical Exams: Class 12 Practical Complete Guide
The practical exams are scheduled a few days before the main theoretical exams and the obtained marks are then added in total marks. CBSE class 12th commerce and science stream has practical assessments for the majority of their subjects. The year 2020-2021 class 12 practical exams timetable was postponed due to covid reasons.
During these exams, students visit their schools and perform the given experiments or tests. During covid-19, practical exams are expected to be scheduled in the month of March 2021. The students will follow the basic norms like wearing masks, using sanitizers, and maintaining social distancing while giving practical exams.
The syllabus of CBSE Class 12 at Senior Secondary Level’s purpose is to create competence in the students. Commerce subjects like Accounts, business studies, and economics need more and more practice with previous year question papers.
Subjects like Computer Science, Geography, Psychology needs evaluation skills and hence students have to give theoretical exams and practical exams for those. You can download the reduced practical syllabus, the new marking scheme, and the new books recommended by CBSE.
Class 12th CBSE Practical Exams 2021 Guide
In order to build literacy skills, learning skills, and life skills, CBSE has introduced the 21st-century learning pattern in class 11th and 12th. In this new pattern, 70-80% of the marking in class 11th are assessed through comprehension and analytical skills of students. Some subjects are assessed through activities and internal assessment. While some subjects are assessed through practical exams. The same marking pattern is adopted in class 12th.
Snapshot of Class 12th Practical Exam 2020-2021
|Marks||Exams Duration||Marks||Exams Duration|
|Geography||30||3Hours||Revised Engineering Graphics||30||3Hours|
|Accounts||20||2 hours||Business Studies||20||2 hours|
Class 12th CBSE Practical Syllabus for 2021
Students should download the complete syllabus for practical and ignore reduced syllabus from the list and save time and effort. The year 2020 has been challenging both for teachers and students. To overcome the spread of pandemic Covid-19 disease, the school and colleges have been providing online classes to all their students. Students continually struggled with low internet speed, power cuts, and unnecessary distraction while relay of online classes. This ultimately resulted in chaos and left students incompetent and unprepared. This is where Vidyasetu comes in.
VidyaSetu Learnings is a free online library for CBSE Class 12th students. We provide all the necessary information regarding class 12th commerce Syllabus, Subjects, Exams, results, question papers, sample papers, how to study, tips, and tricks for easy memorizing difficult topics. We are your virtual guides to save your time so that you can focus on your studies and do better in your studies. Register with us to get all the required updates on time.
We also provide a free YouTube video for class 12th commerce chapter-wise study. For easy learning of all chapters for Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Accounts, Economics, Biology, Applied mathematics, Business Studies, maths, Entrepreneurship, Sociology Join our YouTube channel Now.
Class 12th CBSE Accounts Practical Syllabus 2021
From the CBSE class 12 Accounts, syllabus candidates will learn the basics of Accounts.
Students can download Class 12 NCERT Books for Accountancy from VidyaSetu. For exam preparation, students must also check Class 12 Accountancy NCERT Solutions. After completing the Accounts New Syllabus for Class 12, students should practice the CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Sample Papers and previous year question papers. Students can also check class 12 Accountancy project on our site.
If you are looking for the Accountancy Syllabus on another Board, visit VidyaSetu Study Zone.
The Accountancy exam is divided into two parts:
- Written exam
The written exam is 80 marks while the project/practical exam is 20 marks.
The project file is the main concern for class 12th Accounts subject. Students need to submit the accounts project report 2021 to gain marks in account practical exams.
Class 12th Business Studies Practical Syllabus 2021
From the CBSE class, 12 Business studies syllabus candidates will learn the basics of business and trade.
Students can download Class 12 NCERT Books for Business studies from VidyaSetu. For exam preparation, students must also check Class 12 Business studies NCERT Solutions. After completing the Business studies New Syllabus for Class 12, students should practice the CBSE Class 12 Business studies Sample Papers and previous year question papers.
CBSE Guidelines for BST Project says, only one specific Report File is needed to be submitted during the practicals. The Business studies practicals will hold in the month of March 2021. Students are supposed to submit the physical Report File in the practicals because there’s still no provision of uploading a comprehensive online project file in PDF Format to the teachers.
|specifications of Project||Weightage in Marks|
|Total Project||1 File|
|Chapters (Topic)||1 Out Of 4|
|Marks Distribution on the basis of Assessment|
|1.Initiative, Cooperativeness, and Participation||2|
|2.Creativity and Preparations||2|
|3.Content, Observation, and Research Work||4|
|4.Analysis of Situation||4|
Class 12th CBSE Economics Practical Syllabus 2021
The economics theory paper consists of a total of 80 marks. It is divided into two parts of 40 marks each and 20 marks are allotted for project work.CBSE Guidelines for Commerce Project says, only one specific Report File is needed to be submitted during the practicals. The Economics practicals will be held in the month of March 2021. Students are supposed to submit the physical Report File in the practicals because there’s still no provision of uploading a comprehensive online project file in PDF Format to the teachers.
From the CBSE class, 12 Economics syllabus candidates will learn the basics of business and trade.
Students can download Class 12 NCERT Books for Economics from VidyaSetu. For exam preparation, students must also check Class 12 Economics NCERT Solutions. After completing the Economics New Syllabus for Class 12, students should practice the CBSE Class 12 Economics Sample Papers and previous year question papers.
If you are looking for the Economics Syllabus on another Board, visit VidyaSetu Study Zone.
|1||The relevance of the topic||3|
|2||Knowledge Content/Research Work||6|
Suggestive List of Projects as shared by CBSE for economics are:
- Micro and Small Scale Industries
- Food Supply Channel in India
- The contemporary Employment situation in India
- Disinvestment policy of the government
- Goods and Services Tax Act and its Impact on GDP
- Health Expenditure (of any state).
- Human Development Index
- Inclusive Growth Strategy
- Self-help group
- Trends in Credit availability in India
- Self Help Groups Project Class 12
- Monetary policy committee and its functions
- Role of RBI in Control of Credit
- Government Budget & its Components
- Trends in the budgetary condition of India
- Exchange Rate determination – Methods and Techniques
- Currency War – reasons and repercussions
- Livestock – Backbone of Rural India
- Alternate fuel – types and importance
- Sarwa Siksha Abhiyan – Cost Ratio Benefits
- Golden Quadrilateral- Cost ratio benefit
- Minimum Support Prices
- The relation between Stock Price Index and Economic Health of Nation
- Waste Management in India – Need of the hour
- Minimum Wage Rate – approach and Application
- Digital India- Step towards the future
- Rain Water Harvesting – a solution to water crises
- Vertical Farming – an alternate way
- Silk Route- Revival of the past
- Make in India – The way ahead
- Bumper Production- Boon or Bane for the farmer
- Rise of Concrete Jungle- Trend Analysis
- Organic Farming – Back to Nature
- Any other newspaper article and its evaluation on basis of economic principles
- Any other topic
Scope of Project File and Practical work for CBSE class 12th Commerce Students
The students can achieve 20 marks by submitting neat and tidy project files on suggested topics of the subjects. The Students should follow the SOP to create marks scoring project files.
Step 1: Choose a title/topic
Step 2: Collection of the research material/data
Step 3: Organization of material/data
Step 4: Present material/data
Step 5: Analysing the material/data for the conclusion
Step 6: Draw the relevant conclusion
Step 7: Presentation of the Project Work
Step 8: Expected Checklist:
How To Score Full Marks In CBSE Class 12th Practicals in One month?
Practicals can help to score good marks in Class 12th. We are sharing the important tricks that can help you complete the class 12th course in 1 month.
- Make a clean and explicit Introduction of the topic/title.
- Identifying the causes, consequences, and/or remedies.
- Mention various stakeholders and their effect on each of them.
- Mention advantages and disadvantages of situations or issues identified.
- Show Short-term and long-term implications of strategies suggested in the course of the research.
- Mention validity, reliability, appropriateness, and relevance of data used for research work and for presentation in the project file.
- Presentation and writing should be succinct and coherent in the project file.
- Citation of the materials referred to, in the file in footnotes, resources section, bibliography, etc should be included at the end.
Syllabus For CBSE Class 12th Science Practical 2021
Some subjects of science like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology syllabus are needed to understand the marking scheme related course. It is extremely important for the students to prepare for the CBSE class 12 science practical syllabus to clear the upcoming exam with flying colors.
So given below is the detailed CBSE Class 12 practical syllabus pdf 2020-21. Students must download it for future reference.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical Syllabus and Marking Scheme
Below mentioned are the CBSE 12 physics syllabus and marking scheme for practical exams. Students can also go through the CBSE Class 12 Physics Solutions so as to know the solutions to difficult questions and understand the difficult topics throughly.
|Time Allotted:- 3 Hours|
|Two experiments each from both sections A & B||8+8|
|Practical Records (activities and experiments)||7|
- To find out the resistance per cm by plotting for potential difference VS current.
- To identify the resistance of the given wire using the meter bridge.
- To prove the laws of combination (series) of resistances using a meter bridge.
To prove the laws of combination (parallel) of resistances using a meter bridge.
- To match the EMF of two given primary cells using a potentiometer.
- To determine the internal resistance of a given primary cell using a potentiometer.
- To determine the resistance of a galvanometer by the half-deflection method and to find its figure of merit.
- To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into a voltmeter of the desired range and to verify the same.
To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into an ammeter of the desired range and to verify the same.
- To find the frequency of AC mains with a sonometer.
- To determine the value of v for different values of u in the case of a concave mirror and to find the focal length.
- To find the focal length of a convex mirror, using a convex lens.
- To find the focal length of a convex lens by plotting graphs between u and v or between 1/u and 1/v
- To find out the focal length of a concave lens, using a convex lens.
- To identify the angle of minimum deviation for a given prism by plotting a graph between the angle of incidence and the angle of deviation.
- To evaluate the refractive index of a glass slab using a traveling microscope.
- To determine the refractive index of a liquid by using a convex lens and plane mirror.
- To draw the I-V characteristic curve for a p-n junction in forwarding bias and reverse bias.
- To draw the characteristic curve of a Zener diode and to determine its reverse breakdown voltage
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus for Practical 2021
It is extremely important for the students to also prepare for the CBSE class 12 chemistry practical syllabus to clear the upcoming chemistry exam with flying colors.
So given below is the detailed CBSE Class 12 Chemistry practical syllabus pdf 2020-21. Students must download it for future reference.
Scientific investigations involving laboratory testing and collecting information from other sources
A few suggested Projects.
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Practical Evaluation Scheme
The CBSE class 12 chemistry practical consists of 30 marks. Before the practical exams, students must go thoroughly with the detailed evaluation schemes for the chemistry practical given below.
|Evaluation Scheme for Examination||Marks|
|Class record and viva||04|
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Practical
In the below-given table, you will get all the deleted topic from the practical biology syllabus as well as class 12 biology solutions on Vidya Setu
Deleted Topics of CBSE class 12 Biology Practical Syllabus 2021
List of Experiment
- Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
- Study the plant population density by quadrat method.
- Study the plant population frequency by quadrat method.
Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
- Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide or scanning electron micrograph.
- Ferrous Ammonium Sulphate
- Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colors/sizes of any plant.
- Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging, and bagging.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Practical Weightage 2021
In the below-given table, you will get all the biology practical weightage:-
|One Major Experiment||5|
|One Minor Experiment||4|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||4|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
Note:- For (Practical Record + Viva Voce)+(Project Record + Viva Voce) Credit to the students’ work over the academic session may be given.
CBSE Class 12 Practical Syllabus, Lab Manuals and Periodic Test
Class 12 Maths Practical Syllabus-
CBSE has also scheduled periodic tests for students who have opted for Maths as one of their papers in academic group A. Periodic test is similar to a written exam taken in your school by your respective subject teacher.
- When will the periodic test for class 12th Maths paper be held?
There will be 3 periodic test in the entire Academic Year, First test will be known as Pre Mid-term (PT-I) and will be held tentatively in the Month
The second test will be known as Test Mid-term (PT-II) and will be held tentatively in the Month
The third test will be known as PostMid-term (PT-III) and will be held tentatively in the Month
- What will be the format of the periodic Test held for the CBSE Class 12th Maths paper? The periodic test paper will include questions for very short answers (VSA), short answers (SA), and long answers (LA). This will help to assess students to effectively assess the student’s conceptual knowledge, their application, and analytical skills, and evaluation and synthesis skills. There can be other sorts of questions too.
- What will be the marking scheme in the periodic Test held for CBSE Class 12th Maths paper? Every PT will be held for 10 marks each. The average of the marks will be added to the final mark sheet. Once all the three PTs are completed the best two marks will be considered and the average of the two will be added in the final.
According to the CBSE circular no.Acad-05/2017, the students will get a simple record of their PT performance.
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII,2021
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII, published by NCERT- free download
Class 12th CBSE Computer Science Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
- Input a welcome message and display it.
- Input two numbers and display the larger / smaller number.
- Input three numbers and display the largest / smallest number. ● Given two integers x and n, compute 𝑥 .
- Write a program to input the value of x and n and print the sum of the following series:
1-x+x2-x3+x4+ ……… xn
x + x2 – x3 + x4+ ……….. xn
2 3 4 n x + x2 – x3+ x4+ ………… xn
2! 3! 4! n! 5
- Determine whether a number is a perfect number, an Armstrong number, or a palindrome.
- Input a number and check if the number is a prime or composite number.
- Display the terms of a Fibonacci series.
- Compute the greatest common divisor and least common multiple of two integers.
- Count and display the number of vowels, consonants, uppercase, lowercase characters in the string.
- Input a string and determine whether it is a palindrome or not; convert the cast of characters in a string.
- Find the largest/smallest number in a list/tuple
- Input a list of numbers and swap elements at the event location with the elements at the odd location.
- Input a list/tuple of elements, search for a given element in the list/tuple.
- Input a list of numbers and test if a number is equal to the sum of the cubes of its digits. Find the smallest and largest such number from the given list of numbers.
- Create a dictionary with the roll number, name, and marks of n students in a class and display the names of students who have marks above 75.
Class 12th CBSE Geography Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Maps
- Geospatial data, Concept of Geographical data matrix; Point, line, area data
- Maps -types; scales-types; construction of simple linear scale, measuring distance; finding direction and use of symbols
Unit 2: Topographic and Weather Maps Aerial Photographs:
- Types and Geometry-vertical aerial photographs; the difference between maps and aerial photographs; photo scale determination. Identification of physical and cultural features
- Satellite imageries, stages in remote sensing data-acquisition, platform, and sensors and data products, (photographic and digital)
- Use of weather instruments: thermometer, wet and dry-bulb thermometer, barometer, wind vane, rain gauge
Practical Record Book and Viva Voce Viva to be based on Practical Unit I and II only.
Class 12th CBSE Engineer Graphics Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
- Making different types of graphic designs/ murals for interior/ exterior decorations in color using the knowledge of geometrical figures with the use of any Computer Software such as Collab-CAD and/or any equivalent pertinent software.
- Drawing the following engineering curve through activities – ellipse (by trammel & thread method) on the ground/ drawing sheet/ plywood/ cardboard, etc.
- Developing the following solids with the help of cardboard/ thick paper. a) cube, cuboid b) prisms & pyramids (triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal) c) right circular cylinder and cone
- Preparing the section of solids (prisms, pyramids, sphere, etc.) with clay, soap, thermocol, plasticine, wax or any other material (easily and economically available). When the cutting plane is: parallel to the base, perpendicular to the base, or inclined to the base.
- 10 practicals (minimum two each from the aforementioned four points) are to be assessed.
- In all the practicals, drawing/sketching of the views should be incorporated and evaluated accordingly.
Class 12th CBSE Practical marks weightage
Practical papers will be assessed partially through internal assessment and partially through the live tests. Students need to submit projects, seminars, experiments to score marks in Practical assessment.
- The Practical exams will be for 3 hours.
- Every Practical will be for 40 Marks each.
- Instruction will be provided separately forever experiments or projects.
- Students should not miss the practical exam dates.
Class 12th CBSE Biology Practical marks weightage
- One Major Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 1,3) 9 marks
- Slide Preparation Part A (Experiment No- 2) 5 marks
- Spotting Part B-7 marks
- Practical Record + Viva Voce 4 marks
Class 12th CBSE Chemistry Practical marks weightage
- Volumetric Analysis 08
- Salt Analysis 08
- Content-Based Experiment 06
- Project Work 04
- Class record and viva 04
- Total 30
Class 12th CBSE Psychology Practical marks weightage
- Practical File 10 Marks
- Viva Voce (Practical) 05 Marks
- Two practicals 15 Marks* *
- (5 Marks for the conduct of practical and 10 Marks for report writing)
Prescribed Books: 1. Biology Class-XI, Published by NCERT 2. Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT (including multimedia)
Class 12th CBSE Biotechnology Practical marks weightage
- The scheme of evaluation at the end of the session will be as under:
- Two experiments: 20 Marks
- Viva on experiments: 5 Marks
- Practical record: 5 Mark
Class 12th CBSE Computer Science Practical marks weightage
- Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality) 12
- Report File + Viva (10 marks)
- Report file: Minimum 20 Python programs 7
- Viva voce 3
- Project (8 marks) (that uses most of the concepts that have been learnt See CS-XII for the rules regarding the projects)
Class 12th CBSE Geography Practical marks weightage
- Unit-1: Fundamentals of Maps 15 Marks
- Unit-2: Topographic and Weather Maps 10 Marks
- Practical Record Book and Viva 5 Marks
Class 12th CBSE Engineer Graphics Practical marks weightage
- (a) Practicals (2) 15 Marks
- (b) Drawing/ Sketch 05 Marks
- (c) Viva-voce 05 Marks
- (d) Sessional Work 05 Marks
- Total 30 Marks
Class 12th CBSE Physics Practical marks weightage
- Two experiments one from each section (8+8)Marks
- Practical record (experiment and activities) 7Marks
- Viva on experiments, and activities 7 Marks
- Total 30 Marks
Practical Examination for Visually Impaired Students of Classes XI and XII Evaluation Scheme
|Identification/Familiarity with the apparatus||5|
|Written test (Based on given/prescribed practicals)||10|
Take Away of the blog
It is smart to read only what is relevant for March 2021 exams. We have provided you with the latest and reduced syllabus for CBSE class XIth Practical tests.
Students should download the complete syllabus and ignore the reduced syllabus from the list and save time and effort. Make sure you follow the timetable of practical exams along with all the norms to fight against covid-19 flu. For all the recent updates on Class XI and XII for the CBSE board, State board, Vidya Setu is the best online portal for free. We are working toward building a strong educational foundation among young students who can take the nation on pride.
Why Study With VIDYA SETU?
Designed and Developed by the experienced and specialized subject teacher.
Recorded Video Lectures.
Study Anywhere & Anytime with the High Quality Recorded Video Lectures
Doubt Solving Facility.
Ask your doubts related to any subject and get answers from the Expert Faculties of VidyaSetu
Quality Study Material.
Get the best comprehensive study material suitable for CBSE, State Board, ICSE, NCERT Preparation.
Online Mock Test Paper
With Schedules online Test Series, students get the chance to practice more & score more marks.
Modes Of Learning.
Unlimited learning mode in form of Free Downloads of Videos on MOBILE, USB, LAPTOP & TABLET.