CBSE Practical: Class 11th Practical Complete Guide
The syllabus of Class XI at Senior Secondary Level purpose is to create competence in the students. Some subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Geography, and Psychology needs evaluation skills and hence students have to give theoretical exams and practical exams for those. You can download the reduced practical syllabus , the new marking scheme, and the new books recommended by CBSE . The practical exams are scheduled a few days before main theoretical exams and the obtained marks are then added in total marks. Science steam has practical assessments for the majority of their subjects. The year 2020-2021 practical exams timetable can be postponed due to covid reasons.
Class 11th CBSE Practical Exams 2021
In order to build literacy skills, learning skills, and life skills, CBSE has introduced the 21st-century learning pattern. In this new pattern, 70-80% of the marks are assessed through the comprehension and analytical skills of students. Some subjects are assessed through activities and internal assessment. While some subjects are assessed through practical exams. During these exams, students visit their schools and perform the given experiments or tests. During covid-19, practical exams are expected to be scheduled in the month of March 2021. The students will follow the basic norms like wearing masks, using sanitizers, and maintaining social distancing while giving practical exams.
Snapshot of Class 11th Practical Exam 2020-2021
|Revised Engineering Graphics
Class 11th CBSE Practical Syllabus for 2021
Students should download the complete syllabus for practical and ignore the reduced syllabus from the list and save time and effort. The year 2020 has been challenging both for teachers and students. To overcome the spread of pandemic Covid-19 disease, the school and colleges have been providing online classes to all their students. Students continually struggled with low internet speed, power cuts, and unnecessary distraction while relay online classes. This ultimately resulted in chaos and left students incompetent and unprepared. This is where Vidyasetu comes in.
Vidyasetu is a free online library for CBSE Class 11th students. We provide all the necessary information regarding Class 11 syllabus, Subjects, Exams, results, question papers, sample papers, how to study, tips, and tricks for easy memorizing of difficult topics. We are your virtual guides to save your time so that you can focus on studies and do better in your studies. Register with us to get all the required updates on time. Studnets can also find CBSE class 11 Commerce Syllabus for their reference.
We also provide a free YouTube video for chapter-wise study. For easy learning of all chapters for Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Accounts, Economics, Biology, Applied mathematics, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Sociology Join our YouTube channel Now.
Also Check: Accounts Project Class 11
Class 11th CBSE Biology Practical Syllabus 2021
And what’s happening around the universe. It will help students to learn about plants.
and about human organs in detail. The syllabus will also equip students with different cells and molecules.
Practical Syllabus 2021
A: List of Experiments
- Study and describe a locally available common flowering plant, from anyone family: Solanaceae or Liliaceae (Poaceae, Asteraceae or Brassicaceae can be substituted in case of particular geographical location) including dissection and display of floral whorls, anther, and ovary to show a number of chambers (floral formulae and floral diagrams).
- Study of distribution of stomata in the upper and lower surfaces of leaves.
- Separation of plant pigments through paper chromatography.
- Study of the rate of respiration in flower buds/leaf tissue and germinating seeds.
- Test for the presence of sugar in the urine.
- Test for the presence of albumin in the urine.
Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
- Parts of a compound microscope.
- Specimens/slides/models and identification with reasons – Bacteria, Oscillatoria, Spirogyra, Rhizopus, mushroom, yeast, liverwort, moss, fern, pine, one monocotyledonous plant, one dicotyledonous plant, and one lichen.
- Virtual specimens/slides/models and identifying features of – Amoeba, Hydra, liver fluke, Ascaris, leech, earthworm, prawn, silkworm, honeybee, snail, starfish, shark, rohu, frog, lizard, pigeon, and rabbit.
- Tissues and diversity in the shape and size of animal cells (squamous epithelium, smooth, skeletal, and cardiac muscle fibers, and mammalian blood smear) through temporary/permanent slides.
- Mitosis in onion root tip cells and animal cells (grasshopper) from permanent slides.
Class 11th CBSE Chemistry Practical Syllabus 2021
The Chemistry Subject is perfect for those students who will make their careers in the science field. This subject will help you to clearly understand the atomic structure of all the elements found on earth. Scientists, space scientists, bioscientists, medical researchers are some attractive profiles for students with a keen interest in Chemistry subjects.
Practical Syllabus 2021
Micro-chemical methods are available for several of the practical experiments, wherever possible such techniques should be used.
- Basic Laboratory Techniques
- Cutting glass tube and glass rod
- Bending a glass tube
- Drawing out a glass jet
- Boring a cork
- Characterization and Purification of Chemical Substances
- Determination of the melting point of an organic compound.
- Determination of boiling point of an organic compound.
- Crystallization of impure samples of any one of the following: Alum, Copper Sulphate, Benzoic Acid.
- Quantitative Estimation
- Using a mechanical balance/electronic balance.
- Preparation of standard solution of Oxalic acid.
iii. Determination of strength of a given solution of Sodium hydroxide by titrating it against
standard solution of Oxalic acid.
- Preparation of standard solution of Sodium carbonate.
- Determination of strength of a given solution of hydrochloric acid by titrating it against
standard Sodium Carbonate solution.
- Qualitative Analysis
- Determination of one anion and one cation in a given salt
Cations- Pb2+, Cu2+, As3+, Al3+, Fe3+, Mn2+, Ni2+, Zn2+, Co2+, Ca2+, Sr2+, Ba2+, Mg2+, NH4
Anions – (CO3) 2- , S2- , NO2 – , SO3 2- , SO2- 4, NO3 – , Cl- , Br- , I- , PO4 3- , C2O 2- 4, CH3COO- (Note: Insoluble salts excluded)
- b) Detection of -Nitrogen, Sulphur, Chlorine in organic compounds.
- c) PROJECTS: Scientific investigations involving laboratory testing and collecting information from other sources. A few suggested Projects
- Checking the bacterial contamination in drinking water by testing sulphide ion
- Study of the methods of purification of water
- Testing the hardness, presence of Iron, Fluoride, Chloride, etc., depending upon the
- regional variation in drinking water and study of causes of presence of these ions above
- permissible limit (if any).
- Investigation of the foaming capacity of different washing soaps and the effect of addition
- of Sodium carbonate on it
- Study the acidity of different samples of tea leaves.
- Determination of the rate of evaporation of different liquids
- Study the effect of acids and bases on the tensile strength of fibers.
- Study of acidity of fruit and vegetable juices.
Class 11th CBSE Psychology Practical Syllabus 2021
Psychology is the most important subject for students opting for humanities or arts in class 11th. This subject helps students to analyze human behavior and create more empathy towards them. The practical syllabus of psychology for CBSE class 11th will help students to administer human behavior.
Practical Syllabus 2021
- Test administration: Students are required to administer and interpret three psychological tests related to various psychological attributes like intelligence, aptitude, attitude, personality, etc.
- In practical examination, the student will be required to administer and interpret two psychological tests
Class 11th CBSE Biotechnology Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
PRACTICALS Note: Every student is required to do the following experiments during the academic session.
- Preparation of buffers and pH determination
- Sterilization techniques
- Preparation of bacterial growth medium
- Cell counting
- Sugar Estimation using Di Nitro Salicylic Acid test (DNS test)
- Assay for amylase enzyme
- Protein estimation by biuret method
Class 11th CBSE Computer Science Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
- Input a welcome message and display it.
- Input two numbers and display the larger / smaller number.
- Input three numbers and display the largest / smallest number. ● Given two integers x and n, compute 𝑥 .
- Write a program to input the value of x and n and print the sum of the following series :
1-x+x2-x3+x4+ ……… xn
x + x2 – x3 + x4+ ……….. xn
2 3 4 n x + x2 – x3+ x4+ ………… xn
2! 3! 4! n! 5
- Determine whether a number is a perfect number, an armstrong number or a palindrome.
- Input a number and check if the number is a prime or composite number.
- Display the terms of a Fibonacci series.
- Compute the greatest common divisor and least common multiple of two integers.
- Count and display the number of vowels, consonants, uppercase, lowercase characters in string.
- Input a string and determine whether it is a palindrome or not; convert the case of characters in a string.
- Find the largest/smallest number in a list/tuple
- Input a list of numbers and swap elements at the event location with the elements at the odd location.
- Input a list/tuple of elements, search for a given element in the list/tuple.
- Input a list of numbers and test if a number is equal to the sum of the cubes of its digits. Find the smallest and largest such number from the given list of numbers.
- Create a dictionary with the roll number, name and marks of n students in a class and display the names of students who have marks above 75.
Class 11th CBSE Geography Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Maps
- Geospatial data, Concept of Geographical data matrix; Point, line, area data
- Maps -types; scales-types; construction of simple linear scale, measuring distance; finding direction and use of symbols
Unit 2: Topographic and Weather Maps Aerial Photographs
- Types and Geometry-vertical aerial photographs; difference between maps and aerial photographs; photo scale determination. Identification of physical and cultural features
- Satellite imageries, stages in remote sensing data-acquisition, platform, and sensors and data products, (photographic and digital)
- Use of weather instruments: thermometer, wet and dry-bulb thermometer, barometer, wind vane, rain gauge
Practical Record Book and Viva Voce Viva to be based on Practical Unit I and II only.
Class 11th CBSE Engineer Graphics Practical Syllabus 2021
Practical Syllabus 2021
- Making different types of graphic designs/ murals for interior/ exterior decorations in color using the knowledge of geometrical figures with the use of any Computer Software such as Collab-CAD and/or any equivalent pertinent software.
- Drawing the following engineering curve through activities – ellipse (by trammel & thread method) on the ground/ drawing sheet/ plywood/ cardboard, etc.
- Developing the following solids with the help of cardboard/ thick paper. a) cube, cuboid b) prisms & pyramids (triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal) c) right circular cylinder and cone
- Preparing the section of solids (prisms, pyramids, sphere, etc.) with clay, soap, thermocol, plasticine, wax, or any other material (easily and economically available). When the cutting plane is: parallel to the base, perpendicular to the base, or inclined to the base.
- 10 practicals (minimum two each from the aforementioned four points) are to be assessed.
- In all the practicals, drawing/sketching of the views should be incorporated and evaluated accordingly.
Class 11th CBSE Physics Practical Syllabus 2021
- To measure diameter of a small spherical/cylindrical body and to measure internal diameter and depth of a given beaker/calorimeter using Vernier Callipers and hence find its volume.
- To measure diameter of a given wire and thickness of a given sheet using screw gauge. OR To determine volume of an irregular lamina using screw gauge.
- To determine radius of curvature of a given spherical surface by a spherometer.
- To determine the mass of two different objects using a beam balance.
- To find the weight of a given body using parallelogram law of vectors. 8
- Using a simple pendulum, plot its L-T2 graph and use it to find the effective length of second’s pendulum. OR To study variation of time period of a simple pendulum of a given length by taking bobs of same size but different masses and interpret the result.
- To study the relationship between force of limiting friction and normal reaction and to find the co-efficient of friction between a block and a horizontal surface.
To find the downward force, along an inclined plane, acting on a roller due to the gravitational pull of the earth and study its relationship with the angle of inclination θ by plotting a graph between force and sin θ.
- To make a paper scale of given least count, e.g., 0.2cm, 0.5 cm.
- To determine mass of a given body using a meter scale by principle of moments.
- To plot a graph for a given set of data, with proper choice of scales and error bars.
- To measure the force of limiting friction for rolling of a roller on a horizontal plane.
- To study the variation in range of a projectile with angle of projection.
- To study the conservation of energy of a ball rolling down on an inclined plane (using a double inclined plane).
- To study dissipation of energy of a simple pendulum by plotting a graph between square of amplitude and time.
- To determine Young’s modulus of elasticity of the material of a given wire.
To find the force constant of a helical spring by plotting a graph between load and extension.
- To study the variation in volume with pressure for a sample of air at constant temperature by plotting graphs between P and V, and between P and 1/V.
- To determine the surface tension of water by capillary rise method. OR To determine the coefficient of viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given spherical body.
- To study the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time by plotting a cooling curve.
- To determine specific heat capacity of a given solid by method of mixtures.
- To study the relation between frequency and length of a given wire under constant tension using a sonometer.
- To study the relation between the length of a given wire and tension for constant frequency using a sonometer.
- To find the speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube by two resonance positions.
- To observe change of state and plot a cooling curve for molten wax.
- To observe and explain the effect of heating on a bi-metallic strip. 10
- To note the change in level of liquid in a container on heating and interpret the observations. 4. To study the effect of detergent on surface tension of water by observing capillary rise.
- To study the factors affecting the rate of loss of heat of a liquid.
- To study the effect of load on depression of a suitably clamped metre scale loaded at (i) its end (ii) in the middle.
- To observe the decrease in pressure with increase in velocity of a fluid.
Class 11th CBSE Practical marks weightage
Practical papers will be assessed partially through internal assessment and partially through live tests. Students need to submit projects, seminars, experiments to score marks in Practical assessment.
- Practical exams will be for 3 hours.
- Every practical will be for 40 Marks each.
- Instruction will be provided separately forever experiments or projects.
- Students should not miss the practical exam dates.
Class 11th CBSE Biology Practical marks weightage
- One Major Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 1,3) 5 marks
- One Minor Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 4,5,6) 4 marks
- Slide Preparation Part A (Experiment No- 2) 5 marks
- Spotting Part B-7 marks
- Practical Record + Viva Voce 4 marks
- Project Record + Viva Voce 5 marks
Class 11th CBSE Chemistry Practical marks weightage
- Volumetric Analysis 08
- Salt Analysis 08
- Content-Based Experiment 06
- Project Work 04
- Class record and viva 04
- Total 30
Class 11th CBSE Psychology Practical marks weightage
- Practical File 10 Marks
- Viva Voce (Practical) 05 Marks
- Two practicals 15 Marks* *
- (5 Marks for the conduct of practical and 10 Marks for report writing)
Prescribed Books: 1. Biology Class-XI, Published by NCERT 2. Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT (including multimedia)
You can also find class 11 books online at VidyaSetu.
Class 11th CBSE Biotechnology Practical marks weightage
- The scheme of evaluation at the end of the session will be as under:
- Two experiments: 20 Marks
- Viva on experiments: 5 Marks
- Practical record: 5 Mark
Class 11th CBSE Computer Science Practical marks weightage
- Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality) 12
- 2. Report File + Viva (10 marks)
- Report file: Minimum 20 Python programs 7
- Viva voce 3
- 3. Project (8 marks) (that uses most of the concepts that have been learned See CS-XII for the rules regarding the projects)
Class 11th CBSE Geography Practical marks weightage
- Unit-1: Fundamentals of Maps 15 Marks
- Unit-2: Topographic and Weather Maps 10 Marks
- Practical Record Book and Viva 5 Marks
Class 11th CBSE Engineer Graphics Practical marks weightage
- a) Practicals (2) 15 Marks
- b) Drawing/ Sketch 05 Marks
- (c) Viva-voce 05 Marks
- (d) Sessional Work 05 Marks
- Total 30 Marks
Class 11th CBSE Physics Practical marks weightage
- Two experiments one from each section (8+8)Marks
- Practical record (experiment and activities) 7Marks
- Viva on experiments, and activities 7 Marks
- Total 30 Marks
Also check the Best Study Tips
Take Away of the blog:
It is smart to read only what is relevant for March 2021 exams. We have provided you with the latest and reduced syllabus for CBSE class XIth Practical tests.
Students should download the complete syllabus and ignore reduced syllabus from the list and save time and effort. Make sure you follow the timetable of practical exams along with all the norms to fight against covid-19 flu. For all the recent updates on Class XI and XII for CBSE board, State board, Vidya Setu is the best online portal for free. We are working toward building a strong educational foundation among young students who can take the nation on pride.
WHY STUDY WITH VIDYA SETU?
Designed and Developed by the experienced and specialized subject teacher.
Recorded Video Lectures.
Study Anywhere & Anytime with the High Quality Recorded Video Lectures
Doubt Solving Facility.
Ask your doubts related to any subject and get answers from the Expert Faculties of VidyaSetu
Quality Study Material.
Get the best comprehensive study material suitable for CBSE, State Board, ICSE, NCERT Preparation.
Online Mock Test Paper
With Schedules online Test Series, students get the chance to practice more & score more marks.
Modes Of Learning.
Unlimited learning mode in form of Free Downloads of Videos on MOBILE, USB, LAPTOP & TABLET.