Free Download CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2021-22 PDF
Students of Class 11 look for business studies syllabus, available offline and online either by the school or on the CBSE website. But due to online classes students, look for PDF files for the complete syllabus from Book 1 of NCERT Business studies. For this, students download PDF and save them on their laptops tablets, or mobiles. In other words, a free PDF of the syllabus gives students the flexibility to study anywhere without carrying heavy books. Therefore, Vidyasetu is also providing the PDF files of Syllabus 2021-2022 for the convenience of the students.
Why should Students of class 11th, Download PDf of the syllabus from Vidyasetu?
Vidyasetu is a free online library for CBSE Class 11th Commerce students. We provide all the necessary information regarding the Syllabus, Subjects, Exams, results, question papers, sample papers, how to study, tips, and tricks for easy memorizing difficult topics, in the first place. As your virtual guides, we save your time. We help you so that you can focus on your studies and do better in your studies. Register with us to get all the required updates on time.
We also provide a free YouTube video for chapter-wise study. However, for easy learning of all chapters for Accounts, Economics, Applied mathematics, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Sociology, Join our YouTube channel.
Download PDF of CBSE Syllabus of Business for Class 11
Henceforth, Students can download all the CBSE class 11 business studies syllabus from this blog. To score good marks in the BSt exam, students must start their preparation from the NCERT Business Studies book, and for further assistance to understand each topic clearly, you can join VidyaSetu Class 11 Business Studies Free Video lectures. Given below, is the free download link of the CBSE Class 11 syllabus for Business Studies. You can also find class 11 commerce books & Class 11 sample papers, also at Vidyasetu learning.
Class 11 Business Studies ( Code: 054)
As we already know, CBSE has reduced the syllabus of 11th commerce 2020-2021 because of the lack of resources and teaching facilities available to students by 30%, the same as CBSE Class 12th Board Exams. Significantly, students can find all the latest and updated commerce syllabus class 11 with chapter-wise weightage, marking Scheme, and Deleted topics, here at Vidyasetu.
The Central Board of Secondary Education regulates CBSE 11th and 12th Board Exams in the Country in the first place..
Every school affiliated with CBSE, correspondingly allows students to choose the subjects they are inclined to. At the same time, 21st-century learning focuses on developing the evaluation, analytical and comprehension skills of students. For this reason, they accordingly prepare the CBSE curriculum for commerce. The students of commerce stream have to choose 1 language subject from Hindi and English particularly. Whereas, Accounts, Economics, and Business studies are 3 compulsory subjects for commerce students. Maths, entrepreneurship, and information practices are optional subjects at the same time.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Commerce Business Studies 2021-22
Part A: Foundation of Business
To begin with the Book, the first part will cover all the fundamentals of business activities and how business has evolved in recent times. Chapters will also talk about internal and external factors that affect business. And,students will have a good understanding of the principles and practices bearing on business activities (trade and industry) Later in the Book, the part will cover all the operations of business activities and how business on the basis of operation can be classified in different industries.
Unit 1: Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
- History of Trade and Commerce in India: Indigenous Banking System, Rise of Intermediaries, Transport, Trading Communities: Merchant Corporations, Major Trade Centres, Major Imports and Exports, Position of Indian Sub-Continent in the World Economy.
- Business – meaning and characteristics
- Business, profession, and employment concept
- Objectives of business
- Classification of business activities – Industry and Commerce
- Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary meaning and subgroups
- Commerce-trade: (types-internal, external; wholesale and retail) and auxiliaries to trade; (banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising) – meaning
- Business risk-Concept
Unit 2: Forms of Business organizations
- Sole Proprietorship-Concept, merits, and limitations
- Partnership-Concept, types, merits, and limitation of partnership, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners
- Hindu Undivided Family Business: Concept
- Cooperative Societies-Concept, merits, and limitations
- Company – Concept, merits, and limitations; Types: Private, Public and One Person Company – Concept
- Formation of the company – stages, important documents to be used information of a company
Unit 3: Public, Private and Multinational Company
- Public sector and private sector enterprises – Concept
- Forms of public sector enterprises: Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations, and Government Company
- Multinational Company – Feature. Joint ventures, Public-private partnership – concept
Unit 4: Business Services
- Business services – meaning and types. Banking: Types of bank accounts – savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit, and multiple option deposit account
- Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payment
- Insurance – Principles. Types – life, health, fire, and marine insurance – concept
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
- E-business: concept, scope, and benefits
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
- Concept of social responsibility
- Case of social responsibility
- Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government, and community
- Role of business in environmental protection
Part B: Finance and Trade
The part of the syllabus specifically, will cover all the necessary information regarding where a business can get monetary help or finance and a brief understanding of internal and international trade too.
Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance
- Concept of business finance
- Owners’ funds- equity shares, preferences share, retained earnings, Global Depository Receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR) and International Depository Receipt (IDR) – concept
- Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, a loan from a financial institution and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit,
Unit 8: Small Business and Enterprises
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED): Concept, Characteristics, and Need. Process of Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund the start-up. Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship
- Small scale enterprise as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act) )
- Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas
- Government schemes and agencies for small-scale industries: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) with special reference to rural, backward areas.
Unit 9: Internal Trade
- Internal trade – meaning and types of services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer
- Large-scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores–concept
Unit 10: International Trade
- International trade: concept and benefits
Download CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Project Guideline PDF
Formerly, senior secondary students in classes XI and XII have to prepare project files for 20 marks evaluation. For this, CBSE publishes the guidelines in which they mention the topics and also the way of preparing the project files and how the teachers will assess the project files.
Students thoroughly read the syllabus to know all the necessary details regarding the project file and create one or two project files accordingly.
Given points are the main points of guidelines issued by CBSE and also we are sharing the PDF file to download for CBSE class 11 business studies project syllabus 2022.
Important Points of The CBSE guidelines On Bst project 2022
Basically, students of class 12 Commerce Stream pick one topic out of four and prepare on only TWO project report file from the selected topic. (Comprise one project file of 20 marks)
- First thing to remember, students can pick any TWO Unit out of the four with the help of teachers for 20 marks’ assessment.
- The BST Project topic will be assigned to every student after the discussion with the respective subject faculty and later are supposed to be discussed at every stage of the submission.
- While preparing a CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project 2022, teachers play the role of a facilitator who is there to supervise every student for completing the project report.
- Students can also ask their teachers to provide relevant study materials or suggest websites, or even get permits for visiting certain restricted places.
- Do not fall prey to the readymade project reports, if caught by the teachers, they will be discarded at once.
- Students specifically have to do complete research on the project topic and prepare it wisely. This will help in answering questions in the VIVA Exam.
- Students must take initiative to present their projects before the class.
- Students can indeed make their teachers proud by showing their hard work and self-esteemed creativeness on the Business Studies Project File.
According to CBSE’s new BST Project Class 11 Guidelines, students can now submit their project offline and online. Whereas, Class 12th Students who earlier had to go to their respective schools for project submissions can now directly submit to the CBSE’s official website. Due to increasing Covid cases, CBSE is taking every possible action in view to keep the students and teachers safe. You can visit the link below to submit your class 12 projects.
What’s updated in the 2022 CBSE Class 11th Business Studies Syllabus?
- firstly, Impact of globalization in our business.
- Then What is e-business and its impact?
- Also, How information technology has changed the way we are doing business.
- Proper understanding of the dynamic nature and interdependent aspects of the business is last one.
Class 11th Business Studies Books and Chapter for 2021-22
To cope with the current scenario, CBSE has consequently introduced new chapters recently. The idea behind the revised syllabus is explicitly to allow students to be in line with the present time. The student should keenly consider the syllabus and check it soon after receiving NCERT books.
PART I FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS
1 Business, Trade, and Commerce ———————-25 pages
2 Forms of Business Organisation ———————–31 Pages
3 Private, Public and Global Enterprises ——————27 pages
4 Business Services ——————————————-25 pages
5 Emerging Modes of Business ———————–26 pages
6 Social Responsibilities of Business and Business Ethics–25 Pages
PART II CORPORATE ORGANISATION, FINANCE AND TRADE
8 Sources of Business Finance ————————26 pages
9 Small Business and Entrepreneurship ————-48 pages
TER 10 Internal Trade————————————22 pages
CHAPTER 11 International Business————————- 25 pages
Class 11th Business Studies Marking Schemes for 2021-2022
For, students to score more marking weightage also plays an important role. We also provided here the detailed marking scheme of the Account subject. The CBSE, however, keeps updating the syllabus frequently. Students should thus avoid those deleted topics and primarily focus on high-weightage chapters.
To begin with, The XI class student should cover unit 2 first in the Accounts paper
Should practice more problems with the exercises in due time.
Board will assess evaluation and presentation skill in internal assessment is the point often overlooked by students.
|Evolution and Fundamentals of Busines||16|
|Forms of Business Organisations|
|Public, Private and Global Enterprises||14|
|Emerging Modes of Business||10|
|Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics|
CBSE Class 11 Commerce Syllabus 2021 for Part B- Finance and Trade marking scheme
|Sources of Business Finance||20|
|Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development|
Important Things regarding CBSE 11th class Scheme of Studies.
Important to realize, the 11th standard is one of the crucial classes in every student’s life. In fact, this is the phase where students take time to understand what they want to do in their life. Because, education at this stage is an introduction to that desired world. It’s therefore important for students to choose their subjects wisely and gain beginner’s knowledge.
The other thing we want our readers to know is that an engineer, later on, can become a writer, actor, artist, or scientist. So there is no said rule on how you go further with professional studies. Vidyasetu henceforth tries to provide a complete conceptual understanding of subjects and the CBSE curriculum for class XI.
Subscribe to our free videos for CBSE class 11th subjects and chapters.
Students should remember the following points while making a selection of subjects. When you choose what you like you will be able to finish the syllabus without any difficulty. Some points to consider while choosing the subject scheme are
You can choose English or Hindi, or both English and Hindi while selecting from the language curriculum.
- Also, choose one in the core subject and the other in the elective paper.
- Another one from subjects prescribed under Skill Courses.
- You cannot take following option together:
- Physics (042) and Applied Physics (838 )
- Chemistry(043) and Applied Chemistry (839)
- Mathematics(041) and Applied Mathematics (840)
- Informatics Practice (065) with Information Technology (802) and Web Application (803).
- Business Studies (054) and Business Administrations (833) cannot be taken together.
Frequently Asked Questions on Class 11th syllabus
Q1. What is the syllabus of class 11?
Ans- As we know, CBSE and other state boards have published Class 11 syllabus so that students have to only focus on important topics during the current time of adversity. In Fact, students can download the updated CBSE class 11 business studies syllabus from the above link.
Q2. Is the syllabus reduced for Class 11?
Ans- No, the syllabus was specifically reduced by 30% for students in 2021. But for 2022 no such notice is been issued till now.
Q3. Which questions are important from class 11 business studies in 2022?
Ans- You can select the important chapters specifically, on the basis of weightage allocated to particular chapters. In 2022 Evolution and Fundamentals of Business and Forms of Business Organisation’s chapters can certainly help you to score 16 marks altogether. For more details regarding the important questions, contact vidyasetu.com.