Download CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2023
Physical Education is one of the most scoring subjects in class 12th. Students prefer to choose this subject with other commerce, science, and arts subjects. The Physical education class 12 CBSE 2020-21 focuses on developing endurance, strength, flexibility, and skills among senior secondary students. The Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus can be divided into the main group; theory section and practical section.
Students of Class 12 Commerce Stream have mainly 3 subjects – Accounts, Business Studies, and Economics. They can also choose physical education as an optional important subject. Students can easily score more than 90% marks in this subject.
Vidyasetu is a free online library for CBSE Class 12th and 11th Commerce students. We provide all the necessary information regarding the class 12 commerce Syllabus, Subjects, Exams, results, question papers, sample papers, how to study, tips, and tricks for easy memorizing difficult topics. We are your virtual guides to save your time so that you can focus on your studies and do better in your studies. Register with us to get all the required updates on time. We also provide a free YouTube video for chapter-wise study. For easy learning of all chapters for Accounts, Economics, Applied mathematics, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, and Sociology Join our YouTube channel Now.
Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2020-21
Physical education is an optional subject as one of the six major subjects which a student chooses in 11th standard.
Physical Education Class 12 CBSE 2020-21
Unit I Planning in Sports
- Meaning & Objectives Of Planning
- Various Committees & its Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Tournament – Knock-Out, League Or Round Robin & Combination
- Procedure To Draw Fixtures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic)
Unit II Sports & Nutrition
- Balanced Diet & Nutrition: Macro & Micro Nutrients
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive
- Components Of Diet
- Eating For Weight Control – A Healthy Weight,
- The Pitfalls of Dieting,
- Food Intolerance & Food
Unit III Yoga & Lifestyle Asanas as preventive measures
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Vajrasana, Hastasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & contraindications for Sukhasana, Chakrasana, Gomukhasana, Parvatasana, Bhujangasana, Paschimottasana, Matsyasana
- Hypertension: Tadasana, Vajrasana, Pavan Muktasana, Ardha Chakrasana, Bhujangasana, Sharasana
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)
- Concept of Disability & Disorder
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (cognitive disability, intellectual disability, physical disability)
- Types of Disorder, its cause & nature (ADHD, SPD, ASD, ODD, OCD)
- Disability Etiquettes
- Strategies to make Physical Activities accessible for children with special needs.
Unit V Children & Women in Sports
- Motor development & factors affecting it
- Exercise Guidelines at different stages of growth & Development
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, Bow
- Legs and Scoliosis and their corrective measures
- Sports participation of women in India
Unit VI Test & Measurement in Sports Motor Fitness Test– 50 M Standing Start, 600 M Run/Walk, Sit & Reach, Partial Curl Up, Push Ups (Boys), Modified Push-Ups (Girls), Standing Broad Jump, Agility – 4×10 M ShuttleRun Measurement of Cardiovascular Fitness – Harvard Step Test/Rockport Test –
Computation of Fitness Index: Duration of the Exercise in Seconds x 100 5.ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 5 x Pulse count of 1-1.5 Min after
Exercise o Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test
- Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
- Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
- Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
- Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
- Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility
- Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
Unit VII Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- The physiological factor determining component of Physical Fitness
- Effect of exercise on Cardiorespiratory System
- Effect of exercise on Muscular System
- Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries:(Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain)
- Bone & Joint Injuries: (Dislocation, Fractures: Stress Fracture, Green Stick,
- Comminuted, Transverse Oblique & Impacted) Causes, Prevention & treatment First Aid – Aims & Objectives
Unit VIII Biomechanics & Sports
- Meaning and Importance of Biomechanics in Sports
- Types of movements (Flexion, Extension, Abduction & Adduction)
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Personality; its definition & types – Trait & Types (Sheldon & Jung Classification) & Big Five Theory
- Motivation, its type & techniques
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
Unit X Training in Sports
- Strength – Definition, types & methods of improving Strength – Isometric, Isotonic & Isokinetic
- Endurance – Definition, types & methods to develop Endurance – Continuous Training, Interval
- Training & Fartlek Training
- Speed – Definition, types & methods to develop Speed – Acceleration Run & Pace Run
- Flexibility – Definition, types & methods to improve flexibility
- Coordinative Abilities – Definition & types
Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus- Practical
Max. Marks 30
- Physical Fitness Test – 6 Marks
- Proficiency in Games and Sports (Skill of anyone Game of choice from the given list*)- 7 Marks
- Yogic Practices – 7 Marks
- Record File ** – 5 Marks
- Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga) – 5 Marks
Games that will be played in class 12th By CBSE students
According to the Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus, students will play Basketball, Football, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Handball, Hockey, Cricket, Bocce & Unified Basketball [CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)]. Physical education class 12 CBSE 2020-21 is provided in-depth so that students do not get confused.
CBSE Guidelines for Class 12th Physical Education practical test Syllabus
Record file should include the following: CBSE physical education syllabus for class 12 for the physical test should be known to all the students properly.
Practical-1: Fitness tests administration for all items.Practical-2: Procedure for Asanas, Benefits & Contraindication for any two Asanas for each lifestyle disease.
Practical-3: Anyone game of your choice out of the list above. Labeled diagram of field & equipment
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Sample Paper & Marking Scheme 2020-21 (with Solution)
Students preparing for CBSE Class 12 Physical Education exam must also be sure about the revised paper pattern by CBSE due to the current situation of the Covid-19 pandemic. Hence, before the board exam students must prepare themselves as per the new and revised paper pattern. Find the major updates brought by CBSE in this year’s board exams and curriculum listed below. Students should go through the class 12 physical education syllabus 2020-21 and after preparation solve class 12 sample papers.
CBSE Class 12 Exam 2020-21: Major Updates in Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus
- The CBSE has reduced the 30% CBSE class 12 Syllabus 2020-21, announced on the official website.
- Due to the pandemic Covid-19, the CBSE class 12 Exam 2021 will be conducted on 4th May’21.
- The CBSE class 12 Practical Examinations will be conducted in schools from 1st March’21.
- CBSE class 12th exam 2021 will be conducted offline in the writing mode only.
- According to the CBSE class 12 Date Sheet, the class 12 Physical Education Board Exam will conduct on 8th May’21.
- As per the new Press Release the CBSE class 12 result for batch 2020-21, will be announced on 15th July’21.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Exam Pattern 2020-21
The physical education curriculum is divided into two part between Practical and Theory-
- Practical- Begins from 1st March’21, MM- 30 marks
- The theory Exam has a weightage of 70 marks.
- The paper pattern can be easily analyzed by the sample papers provided above as it will give you a fair idea about the Board Exam Question Paper and what all questions are most important.
- Also, go through the table below to understand the marks distribution between practical and theory exams.
|Time||10:30 am – 1:30 PM|
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus- Important Questions
Given below are a few of class 12 physical education important questions for the upcoming exam 2020-21. Class 12 physical education important questions are studied 3-4 times by students while a revision to get better marks.
What does the word “Coping strategies” mean, when talking about sports psychology?
Q1. Define Motor Development.
Q2. What are renewable resources?
Q3. Define Motor Development.
Q4. What motor quality does a senior citizen lack, who finds difficulty in tying the shoelaces while sitting on a chair?
Q5. The river rafting belt of River Ganga in Uttarakhand near Rishikesh is a popular venue among adventure lovers and thousands of National and International tourists visit every year. It helps a lot in generating revenue and developing the state’s economy. But, the use of the river for recreational purposes is impacting the river environment negatively. An important social survey conducted recently found water pollution, loss of vegetation, cultural degradation, and displacement of wildlife, resulting directly due to rafting and camping activities. Despite there being rules and regulations to maintain the holy river and its surroundings, violation of these norms is regularly happening, due to which there is a great threat to the ecology and the river environment. Answer the following questions given below:
(1) What are the threats posed to the River Ganga due to commercial river rafting and camping?
(2) What values do you learn from the above passage?
(3) What measures will you suggest to improve this environment?
Q6. What is ‘Kraus-Weber-Test’? Explain the administration of the Kraus-Weber test in detail.
Q7. What do you mean by ‘Healthy-Weight’? Explain the methods to control ‘Healthy-Body Weight to lead healthful living.
Q8. What do you mean by ‘Oxygen-Intake’ and ‘Oxygen-Uptake’? Explain the effects of exercise on the Respiratory system.
Q9. What is a projectile? Explain any three factors that affect a projectile trajectory.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Book 2021
The best-recommended book for the preparation of the CBSE Class 12 Physical Education exam 2021 is NCERT Book. NCERT provides a detailed explanation of every topic in a very easy language coming in the Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus. Also, NCERT CBSE class 12 Physical Education books are cheap in price. And, students can even download the CBSE class 12 Physical education book pdf for free.
Take Away of the blog
It is smart to read only what is relevant for March 2021 exams. We have provided you with the latest and reduced syllabus for the Physical education Subject for CBSE class 12th exams. A study from the right books updated here. Check the marking scheme and accordingly schedule the study time accordingly for a smart way of learning.
Students should download the complete syllabus, ignore the reduced syllabus from the list, and save time and effort. The ideal way of doing it is to mark the reduced syllabus boldly in your NCERT books and notes and skip those chapters while preparing for exams. For all the recent updates on Class 12 and 12I for the CBSE board, State board, Vidya Setu is the best online portal for free. We are working toward building a strong educational foundation among young students who can take the nation on pride.