CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24
This article is curated to provide complete information on the Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24 given by the CBSE Board. CBSE Guidelines for BST Project say, only one specific Report File is needed to be submitted during the practical’s. The Business studies practical will hold in the month of February 2024. Students are supposed to submit the physical Report File to the teachers in the practical’s. Business Studies Project of Class 12 helps students to get the practical knowledge of what the students have studied in the class theoretically.
The CBSE Class 12 Commerce Date Sheet 2023-24 is announced by the CBSE Board, and the practical to be held in the month of February. So, all the class 12 students are supposed to prepare their Business Studies Project Of Class 12 for the academic session 2023-24 in the month of January to avoid any last-minute hassle. Students can also go through the Previous year question paper for BST class 12.
In this proper Class 12th Business Studies Project Guide 2023-24, students will find all the necessary details about the project file, along with the proper guidelines of the CBSE Board syncing with the new and reduced syllabus of class 12 Business Studies. CBSE Business Studies Project for Class 12 topics are provided below for reference.
Also Check: Accounts Project Class 11
Let’s get started with the weightage of the 12th Class Business Studies Project 2023-24. Read more to get more details.
SiteMap of the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project
|Specifications of Project
|Weightage in Marks
|1 Out Of 4
|Marks Distribution on the basis of Assessment
|1.Initiative, Cooperativeness, and Participation
|2.Creativity and Preparations
|3.Content, Observation, and Research Work
|4.Analysis of Situation
Students can check out the above table showing the sitemap of the complete CBSE Class 12 Bst Project 2023-24. The whole project is 20 marks, where the project includes 1 Report File. CBSE Board has given important points to be covered in the project work. On these specifications of the assessments, teachers will allot marks to the students. If students have covered all the 4 points in their project work and performed well in the viva, then scoring full marks would be not so far.
What are the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project Topics 2023-24?
CBSE Board has assigned the 4 important Business Studies Class 12 Project Topics to the class 12th Commerce Students. Students need to choose any 1 out of 4 Topics. The topics are given below:
- Elements of Business Environment (Book-I)
- Principles of Management (Book-I)
- Stock Exchange (Book-II)
- Marketing Management (Book-II)
These are the 4 important chapters of topics for the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24. Students need to pick any topic and start preparing a very detailed project and gain as much information as they can. The VIVA test would be taken on the chosen topics, so it is advisable for the students to learn while preparing the project file.
Viva of Class 12th Business Studies Project 2023-24
The last test type for the CBSE curriculum is the Viva, also called an oral exam, and the school only schedules these exams in January.
The majority of Viva’s questions are project-related. The purpose of this Viva is to ensure that the students have gained deeper awareness and comprehension of the subject matter of their project.
Objectives of CBSE Class 12th Business Studies Project 2023-24
The class 12 business study project’s goal is to assist students in comprehending the business scenario and using the analysis tool related to the project’s subjects.
Additionally, it is meant to stimulate the ability needed to interpret business study data from business firms’ quarterly, half-yearly, or annual reports. The purpose of the class 12 business study project is also to analyze the data in accordance with the specified parameters.
How to Prepare the Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24?
Follow the below-mentioned CBSE guidelines before starting a project report:
Consult the relevant teacher for suggestions on alternative topics. Assignments can be completed individually or collaboratively, but each student needs to create a unique project file. When selecting a topic, bear the following in mind:
- Make sure the topic you select is exclusively from the Class 12 Business Study syllabus.
- Consult the relevant teacher about the issue before beginning to get any necessary recommendations.
- Remember to study the subject in advance of the viva.
- The project file should not be copied from another student. At least 40% of it should be unique from other students’ work.
- Don’t write lengthy narratives or paragraphs for an accounting project.
- To ensure that the job is executed easily, make sure you conduct in-depth research on the subject
Class 12 Business Studies Project On Elements of Business Environment
Students can take the help of their respective subject teachers while choosing any one of the following elements prescribed by the CBSE.
- Changes witnessed over the last few years on mode of packaging and its economic impact. The teacher may guide the students to identify the following changes:
- The changes in transportation of fruits and vegetables such as cardboard crates being used in place of wooden crates, etc. Reasons for above changes.
- Milk being supplied in glass bottles, later in plastic bags and now in tetra-pack and through vending machines.
- Plastic furniture [doors and stools] gaining preference over wooden furniture.
- The origin of cardboard and the various stages of changes and growth.
- Brown paper bags packing to recycled paper bags to plastic bags and cloth bags.
- Re use of packaging [bottles, jars and tins] to attract customers for their products.
- The concept of pyramid packaging for milk.
- Cost being borne by the consumer/manufacturer.
- Packaging used as means of advertisements.
- The reasons behind changes in the following:
Coca – Cola and Fanta in the seventies to Thums up and Campa Cola in the eighties to Pepsi and Coke in nineties. The teacher may guide the students to the times when India sold Coca Cola and Fanta which were being manufactured in India by the foreign companies. The students may be asked to enquire about
- Reasons of stopping the manufacturing of the above mentioned drinks in India THEN.
- The introduction of Thums up and Campa cola range.
- Re entry of Coke and introduction of Pepsi in the Indian market.
- Factors responsible for the change.
- Other linkages with the above.
- Leading brands and the company having the highest market share.
- Different local brands venturing in the Indian market.
- The rating of the above brands in the market.
- The survival and reasons of failure in competition with the international brands.
- Other observations made by the students
- Changing role of the women in the past 25 years relating to joint families, nuclear families, women as a bread earner of the family, changes in the requirement trend of mixers, washing machines, micro wave and standard of living.
- The changes in the pattern of import and export of different Products.
- The trend in the changing interest rates and their effect on savings.
- A study on child labour laws, its implementation and consequences.
- The state of ‘anti plastic campaign,’ the law, its effects and implementation.
- The laws of mining /setting up of industries, rules and regulations, licences required for running that business.
- Social factors affecting acceptance and rejection of an identified product. (Dish washer, Atta maker, etc)
- What has the effect of change in environment on the types of goods and services?
The students can take examples like:
- Washing machines, micro waves, mixers and grinder.
- Need for crèche, day care centre for young and old.
- Ready to eat food, eating food outside, and tiffin centres.
- Change in the man-machine ratio with technological advances resulting in change of cost structure.
- Effect of changes in technological environment on the behaviour of employee
Principles Of Management Project for Class 12
For taking this topic, the students are required to visit any one of the following:
- A departmental store.
- An Industrial unit.
- A fast-food outlet.
- Any other organization approved by the teacher.
After visiting any one of the venues, students need to observe the application of the general principles of management advocated by Fayol.
What are Fayol’s principles?
- Division of work.
- Unity of command.
- Unity of direction.
- Scalar chain
- Espirit de corps
- Fair remuneration to all.
- Subordination of individual interest to the general interest.
- Centralization and decentralization.
- Stability of tenure.
Students of class 12 Commerce may enquire into the application of scientific management techniques advocated by F.W. Taylor in the unit visited.
- Functional foremanship.
- Standardization and simplification of work.
- Method study.
- Motion Study.
- Time Study.
- Fatigue Study
- Differential piece-rate plan.
Stock Exchange Project for Class 12
The aim and provision of the Class 12 Business Studies Project On Stock Exchange are to teach commerce students the proper way of investing and analyzing the stock market which is the major factor responsible for the country’s economy. This project also focuses on important lessons about the economy, financial responsibility, and mathematical calculations based on research.
This BST project 2023-24 enables commerce students to know about the stock market while investing some fake money (practically) in certain stocks. Students, thus research and buy and sell according to the market and self-need.
This project topic will also provide some knowledge to the students about how the stock market is being monitored by the brokers and will teach students to calculate profit and loss in the stocks.
The Class 12 BST stock exchange project work will enable the students to:
- understand the topics like sources of business finance and capital market
- understand the concepts used in a stock exchange
- inculcate the habit of watching business channels, reading business journals/newspapers, and seeking information from their elders.
Marketing Management Project of Class 12
Students can pick any product in the marketing management project of class 12. The only thing to remember while preparing the class 12th business studies project on marketing management is that the identified product should not be anything whose use or consumption is discouraged by the society or government such as pan masala, alcohol, tobacco, etc. marketing project topics for class 12 are given below so that students can pick one without being worried about the topics.
Identify or pick one product/service from the below list which you may like to manufacture/provide [pre-assumption].
- Air conditioners
- Baby diapers
- Bathing Soap
- Bathroom cleaner
- Body Spray
- Breakfast cereal
- Cheese spreads
- Cosmetology product
- Fairness cream
- Fruit candy
- Hair Dye
- Hair Oil
- Infant dress
- Ladies bag
- Ladies footwear
- Learning Toys 40. Lipstick
- Microwave oven
- Music player
- Nail polish
- Pen drive
Students can take any product/service they want, discussing with the teacher would help to make the appropriate Class 12 Business Studies Project on Marketing Management.
Marketing Management Project Must Include
On the basis of the work done by the students the Class 12 Business Studies Project Marketing Management should include the following:
- Type of product /service identified and the (consumer/industries) process involved therein.
- Brand name and the product.
- Range of the product.
- Identification mark or logo.
- Labelling and packaging.
- Price of the product and basis of price fixation.
- Selected channels of distribution and reasons thereof.
- Decisions related to transportation and warehousing. State reasons.
- Promotional techniques used and starting reasons for deciding the particular technique.
- Grading and standardization.
Presentation of Class 12 Business Studies Project
Project Must Have 25-30 Pages
CBSE Board says each class 12 project should at least have 25-30 pages. It is up to students to increase the number of pages to make it a detailed project. These pages include all the necessary formalities needed to be done at the starting and end of the project like the Student’s complete details, Acknowledgements, and preface, Introduction, Conclusion, Bibliography, etc.
The project should be Handwritten
CBSE accepts only handwritten projects on the boards. So, students prepare their report files with attractive handwriting. As presentation plays a very important role in scoring marks. If your hand-writing is good and the project file looks neat and clean, then even if you have some analytical mistake or less research, you would get the full marks.
Presented in Folder
Students should submit their project files in a neat folder. This is the proper way of submitting your board class 12 business studies project 2023-24. Teachers get more attracted by a neat and clean project which is presented nicely by students. If your cover is very sober yet classy, you can easily score the full marks.
Project Sheets Must be in Specified Sequence
The project report file of business studies should be drafted in the following sequence by covering every detail-
The cover page should include the title of the Project, student information, school, and year.
List of contents.
- Acknowledgements and preface (acknowledging the institution, the places visited, and the persons who have helped).
- Topic with a suitable heading.
- Planning and activities are done during the project if any.
- Observations and findings of the visit.
- Conclusions (summarized suggestions or findings, the future scope of the study). Photographs (if any).
- Appendix, bibliography for bst project is also very necessary for teachers to know where have they taken the data from.
- Teacher’s observation.
- Signatures of the teachers.
CBSE Guidelines for Business Studies Class 12 Project 2023-24
Students of class 12 Commerce Stream are supposed to pick one topic out of four and are required to prepare only ONE project report file from the selected topic. (Consist of one project file of 20 marks)
- Students can pick any ONE Unit out of the four with the help of teachers.
- The BST Project topic will be assigned to every student after the discussion with the respective subject faculty and later are supposed to be discussed at every stage of the submission.
- While preparing a CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24, teachers play the role of a facilitator who is there to supervise every student for completing the project report.
- Students can ask their teachers to provide relevant study materials or suggest websites, or even obtain permits for visiting certain restricted places.
- Do not fall prey to the readymade project reports, if caught by the teachers, they will be discarded at once.
- Students need to have complete research on the project topic and prepare it wisely. This will help in answering questions in the VIVA Exam.
- Students must take initiative to present their projects before the class.
- Students can make their teachers proud by showing their hard work and self-esteemed creativeness on the Business Studies Project File.
|For more details, students can study related solutions:
Class 12 Commerce Students can acknowledge this research-based CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24. In this project guide, students will find all the necessary details to be included in the project, including CBSE prescribed topics, guidelines, and submission date with other necessary details. Students can also refer to CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Guide 2023-24 for more information on Business Studies and get answers to their every query. Students can also join CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Free Online Classes offered by the top online portal, VidyaSetu. As per the Business studies, new curriculum students should also make sure to go to business studies case studies class 12.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the Marking Scheme of the Class 12 Business Studies Project?
It consists of 20 Marks which includes ONE File + Viva Test.
Q2. Can I choose any Random Topic for preparing the Class 12 BST Project?
No, students can’t choose any topic of their choice. CBSE has prescribed the following 4 topics from which ONE topic is supposed to be selected.
- Elements of Business Environment (Book-I)
- Principles of Management (Book-I)
- Stock Exchange (Book-II)
- Marketing Management (Book-II)
Q3. How many Pages of Report File should be a Class 12 Business Studies Project 2023-24?
There should be a minimum of 25-30 Pages.
Q4. When to submit the Business Studies Report File?
At the time of CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Practical Exams, students are supposed to carry their project file, from which the examiner will ask VIVA questions.
Q5. How to prepare for the Class 12 Business Studies Project?
For preparing the Business Studies project, students can refer to the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project Guide (2023-24) for all material required for the project guidelines.
Q6. Can we get a Class 12 Business Studies Project Topic Idea from the NCERT Books?
The NCERT books are the best option for choosing the Business Studies Project Topic. However, students can get help from teachers and the internet for writing the project.
Q7. Is it compulsory to prepare for the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project?
It is compulsory for students to prepare for the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Project as it contains a 20 marks project file.
Q8. How to prepare for Class 12 Business Studies Project Viva-Voice?
First and foremost, it is important for students to do a thorough research on their respective topics and write only the information relevant to their class 12 Business Studies syllabus. Examiners tend to ask the questions related to the topic.
Q9. What are the important questions for Business Studies VIVA?
Prepare the topic thoroughly that you have chosen as most of the questions are project or syllabus related only.