Download CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus & Paper Pattern 2021
In this article, you will get all information related to your CBSE class 12 biology syllabus, its exam pattern, and even download your CBSE class 12 biology sample paper.
This year as the pandemic happens, many things have changed like our day-to-day activities and many other things likewise, CBSE has also taken a big step in this as they have reduced the syllabus for all the subjects. The Central Board of Secondary Education has reduced the syllabus by 30% due to the pandemic Covid-19. Students who are appearing for the exam can download their CBSE 12 biology syllabus from Vidya Setu as we provide you the lasted and updated information for your help. Vidya Setu also provides CBSE class 11 biology syllabus for students to refer to their juniors.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 (Revised & Reduced):
As Biology is an important subject for the science stream, you should have in-depth knowledge of every topic from the syllabus as it will help every science stream students who want to pursue a medical-related field. If a student has a clear understanding of the subjects’ syllabus, they can score good marks in their exams to get the best medical college.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Theory
Students should have their full syllabus as they know which topic has been deleted and which are the topics they have to study for their exams. For doing this, students should download a hard copy of the full syllabus and mark deleted topics in red to be clear about it.
a.Deleted Topics of CBSE class 12 Biology Theory Syllabus 2021
In the below-given table, you will get all the deleted topic form the biology theory syllabus:–
|Unit VI Reproduction||Chapter 1: Reproduction in Organism||Reproduction, a characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species; Modes of reproduction – asexual and sexual reproduction; asexual reproduction – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation, fragmentation; vegetative propagation in plants|
|Unit VII Genetics and Evolution||Chapter-7: Evolution||Origin of life; biological evolution and evidence for biological evolution (paleontology, comparative anatomy, embryology, and molecular evidence); Darwin’s contribution, the modern synthetic theory of evolution; mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and natural selection with examples, types of natural selection; Gene flow and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; adaptive radiation; human evolution.|
|Unit VIII Biology and Human Welfare||Chapter-9: Strategies For Enhancement in Food Production||Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue culture, single-cell protein.|
|Unit X Ecology and Environment||Chapter-14: Ecosystem|
Chapter-16: Environmental Issues
|Ecosystems: Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; energy flow; pyramids of number, biomass, energy; nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous); ecological succession; ecological services – carbon fixation, pollination, seed dispersal, oxygen release (in brief).|
Air pollution and its control; water pollution and its control; agrochemicals and their effects; solid waste management; radioactive waste management; greenhouse effect and climate change impact and mitigation; ozone layer depletion; deforestation; exemplifying case study as success story addressing the environmental issue(s).
b.CBSE Class 12 Biology Theory Weightage 2021
In the below-given table, you will get all the biology theory weightage:
|VII||Genetics and Evolution||18|
|VIII||Biology and Human Welfare||14|
|IX||Biotechnology and its Applications||10|
|X||Ecology and Environment||14|
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus: Practical
In the below-given table, you will get all the deleted topic form the practical biology syllabus:-
1.Deleted Topics of CBSE class 12 Biology Practical Syllabus 2021
A. List of Experiment
- Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
- Study the plant population density by quadrat method.
- Study the plant population frequency by quadrat method.
B. Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
- Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide or scanning electron micrograph.
- Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colors/sizes of any plant.
- Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging, and bagging.
2.CBSE Class 12 Biology Practical Weightage 2021
In the below-given table, you will get all the biology practical weightage:-
|One Major Experiment||5|
|One Minor Experiment||4|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||4|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
Note:- For (Practical Record + Viva Voce)+(Project Record + Viva Voce) Credit to the students’ work over the academic session may be given
Practical Examination for Visually Impaired Students of Classes XI and XII Evaluation Scheme
|Identification/Familiarity with the apparatus||5|
|Written test (Based on given/prescribed practicals)||10|
How to download CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabus 2021
Below mention as some steps on how to download CBSE Class 12th Biology Syllabus follow the process and get your biology syllabus:-
- Step1: Visit CBSE official website cbseacademics.nic.in.
- Step2: On the homepage on the section “Curriculum” and click on it.
- Step3 Click on the revised Curriculum 2020-21
- Step4: Then click on the revised senior secondary Curriculum 2020-21
- Step5: Select Academic Electives – (Group-A).
- Step6: Now click on the Biology tab, and you will get the biology syllabus and download the PDF.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Question Paper Pattern
Students should know how the CBSE will set the question paper pattern just to be clearer about how many questions will come, and the marks for that particular are of questions will be there in exams. As there is the only paper pattern for theory papers, not for practical papers. Vidya setu also provides other resources like NCERT class 12 biology solutions and books.
|Types of question||No. of Question||Marks||Total|
|Very Short Answer||5||1||5|
|Short Answer- 1 (SA1)||7||2||14|
|Short Answer- 2 (SA2)||12||3||36|
Preparation Tips For Your Biology Exams
- Students should check the paper pattern/ blueprint and understand them because it will help you save you crucial time in exams. CBSE releases paper patterns every year.
- Complete the Basics things first, they are fast to understand and learn and stick to the syllabus provided by CBSE, and as there, there is a change in the syllabus so that it will help you in the study.
- In Biology, the most important things are diagrams and terminologies, so when you are studying, be more focused on them, they help you in exams to explain the whole answer.
- After you are done with studying and doing revision, once you solve the previous year’s papers and sample paper, you will know where you stand and on which topic you have to focus more on.
- While you are studying, make notes, important pointers, and when you are going to revise the chapters it will be easy for you just to go through those important pointers.
For a better understanding of the subject Join CBSE Class 12 Online Classes
FAQs Regarding CBSE class 12 biology syllabus
Q1. Is the NCERT book enough to prepare for the exam?
Yes, NCERT Books are more than enough to prepare for exams.
Q2. Passing Marks for CBSE class 12th exam?
Passing for CBSE class 12th exam for each subject is a minimum of 33%